Monday, January 30, 2012

So what would you think of me now? So lucky, so strong, so proud...

A quote from one of my favorite songs (by Jimmy Eat World); one that always makes me think.



I have a challenge for you. This is something I've done several times, and it is as inspiring as anything else to get my life on track. Imagine you could go back into the past and find the you from childhood. Little you naturally asks all about your life. Would past you be excited about their future life; would younger you be proud of what you became? Sometimes it's so easy to forget what you once stood for, and it's easy to forget where you are going when you get lost in the moment. If childhood you would not be very impressed with current you, that should be a slap in the face. You are doing something wrong.

The only way to prevent regret over inactions when it's too late is to catch yourself before you miss opportunities.

So spend some time reflecting on your life progress. Heaven forbid, you could die tomorrow and I still think it wouldn't have been a waste of time.


"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."
-George Orwell

Orwell


(Because I'm fairly young as it is, I have to go all the way back to childhood, but it's just as well since many people seem to believe children are 'pure and innocent'; sometimes however I think about a good friend who was killed many years ago. Either way, it gets me motivated to get myself back on track with my dreams.)

No comments:

Post a Comment