Friday, January 20, 2012

Don't you want to take a leap of faith?

A quote from one of my absolute favorite movies, Inception.


Subtle advertisement for Inception

I find this quote especially fitting today because I have officially taken a huge leap of faith. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but I do not have support from the people I love most. Conundrums like this are not easy to overcome. However, there are so many worse things than fostering a dog. I could be broke, pregnant, or tattooed, and I'm worried my mother will be upset that I'm helping to save a life. Yes, my apartment is small, but Lana and I will make room for another; as long as there is room in your heart, you know what you have to do.

The foster, who I've decided to call "Link" (from Zelda, of course), will only be with me for about a month while he goes through heartworm treatment. After that, he will be transported up to Brooklyn to find a nice, Northern family. I haven't even met him yet and I know it's going to break my heart to give him away, but so far, I'm really happy with my decision. In fact, as I was writing this article, my boss called to let me know our fosters would arrive this afternoon.


Link and his pretty horse - coughOcarinaOfTimeIsTheBestcough

I will meet Link after class, and I couldn't be more excited. Hormones are admittedly playing a role in this, but my eyes are watering and I swear my headache is gone (oh right, I took an aspirin). I bet Karma acted as a catalyst.

Much love,
Kayla and Lana (and soon to be Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment