Sunday, February 12, 2012

Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn.


One of my favorite anime movies, Howl's Moving Castle

Why this movie? I've been seeing commercials for the new Studio Ghibli film lately. I can't decide how I feel about it, but I know I love several of the others. Including Howl's Moving Castle.

I was just thinking today, I hear all the time "when was the last time you did something for yourself?" (not to me, but on TV and the internet and whatnot), and I realized that's not the right question. The right question is "when's the last time you DIDN'T do something for yourself?". Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by young people, or maybe it's the socioeconomic class of the typical American college student, but I rarely see people do things for others.

Now if you're going into the debate of whether or not altruism exists, I can't help you. Psychologically speaking, it's just a matter of what you believe. Technically, you will feel good if you do something good, which makes the action not entirely selfless, but really who cares? I have no problem if you feel good about yourself if you do something good. It's feeling good about yourself when you've done nothing to deserve it that's the problem.


**End rant... new subject: Futurama is on!!! Come to think of it, 1) I may have seen every episode anyways, 2) I have a ton of homework to do. I'm actually getting pretty bummed. I have been way too busy this semester. I haven't had a chance to go horseback riding and I haven't had time to volunteer. I fully intend to leave my second job after this summer, but that's several months away.  =(

Next year is going to be just as bad though. I will have one less job, but I intend to join a research lab with one of my professors (apparently I can't get into graduate school without research experience). I seriously just hope I have time for my first job while in grad school. I don't intend to leave that job any time soon.

Somebody teach me how to manage my time!! (I'm betting step 1 is to stop writing on my blog...)

Much love,
Kayla, Lana, and Link (who is doing GREAT after is heartworm injections!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment