Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One thing leads to the next thing. Right now this is the thing.

Quote from David Barker's Daylight. I give it a thumbs up.

Tonight I wanted to watch a movie, but knew I had to get to bed somewhat early because I have to wake up for the opening shift at work tomorrow. I was torn between "Brick" and "Noriko's Dinner Table", but decided on "Noriko's Dinner Table". About 10 minutes through, I realized it was 2 1/2 hours long , and stopped (I didn't look before, because who the heck expects a movie to be that long?!). Unfortunately, turns out "Brick" is pretty long as well. So what did I do? I went through my Netflix queue to find the shortest movie. It was one called "Daylight". I had never heard of it, but for whatever reason it had caught my interest. Let me say, despite the pretty low ratings on Netflix and IMDb, I really liked it. It wasn't like, the best movie ever, but I still enjoyed it.

I also just wanted to say, the most recent review of it on Netflix makes me sad. The user rated the movie 1 star because (s)he didn't understand it. I personally enjoy a movie that doesn't shove the message in my face, but I'm also intelligent enough to come to my own conclusions, so I suppose I have an advantage over that person, whomever they may be. I would also like to point out, if you're bitching about not understanding a movie, you can't call the movie "completely retarded". It's like the pot calling the kettle black. And if you're offended by that, let me remind you (s)he said it, I just said "right back at you".

ANYWAYS, the point of this post was 1) to catch up since I got lazy recently, 2) to let you know I enjoyed this little known (I asssume) movie, 3) to make fun of the idiot who didn't know he was an idiot, and 4) to remind you that taste is subjective, and if you keep your mind open you may find you like something you didn't expect.


Goodnight,
Kayla and Lana (Link is out of town until later this week, he just got treated for heart worms!)


PS. One of the actors was pretty cute. Not a good reason to watch a movie, but it automatically makes it better. That's why I assume the reviewer was a guy. A girl would have at least rated 2 stars for the handsome fellow(s). 

PPS. I don't know if 'heart worms' is one word or two. I usually cheat a say "HW", but I didn't feel like it this time, so I took a risk. (whoo?)

No comments:

Post a Comment