Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I prefer a vehicle that doesn’t hurt Mother Earth. It’s a go-cart, powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction.


Today's quote courtesy of The Simpsons. Again. Perhaps it's about time I start watching some new shows and movies?


I don't think I mentioned I had some recent car trouble.

For some reason, in the middle of summer in Florida, my air conditioner decided to commit suicide. Sad story really, but as selfish as it is, I was more concerned about myself than my deceased AC. And here's the fun part. The reason you don't buy a European car. To fix both my AC and go ahead and change my oil (while the car was somewhat disassembled), cost me approximately $650. It also cost my boyfriend a good night's sleep, since he had to drive Lana and me to work the next morning at 7:00 am.

But that's not the end. I thought it was, but it's not. Yesterday, I had to take my car in again, because for some reason, when it rained, the floor of my passenger seat became a puddle. One day and just over $100 later, I find out it's because so dang leaves clogged up something. Not sure what, but I am pretty sure my boyfriend and I could have cleaned it out without that insane fee.

It's safe to say, I'm not in love with my car right now.

My car's name (Black Jack) is a lot less cute when I lose money on it. Then it's just irritating.



I did have some good news, however. Today at work, I met the girlfriend of a guy who used to live in my building. She recognized my dog (and therefore me), because apparently her boyfriend loved Lana!

My Lana?! He must be mistaken. But no! She says he thought she was beautiful, and when he moved out he kept his eyes out for us because he wanted to give her a bone his dog didn't want.

I had always assumed only her momma thought she was beautiful!


I am shocked. Honestly! My dog. She doesn't even like men, I can't imagine one likes her! But I guess, if it's true, that's probably the nicest thing I've ever heard.

You wanna make someone feel AMAZING? Compliment their child. Or in my case, my dog.



One of us has got to run to class, the other will continue her nap. Can you guess which is which?
Kayla and Lana





No comments:

Post a Comment